Kaiti Lenhart, Supervisor of Elections
Need a guest speaker for your school, organization or event? Voter outreach is a priority. Kaiti Lenhart is available to speak to your organization regarding the election process and the importance of voting. Topics may vary and can be customized to meet the needs of your event. Contact the Elections Office for more information.
It's an honor to serve you, the voters of Flagler County!
"This is your Elections Office. My duty is enhance public confidence in the electoral process by providing accurate, fair and honest elections. It is truly an honor to have been appointed as your Supervisor of Elections and I am proud to serve you, the voters of Flagler County. Please do not hesitate to call or stop by to ask a question. Your Elections Team is here to serve you. Freedom rings with every vote! Register and vote in every election."
- Kaiti Lenhart
About Your Supervisor of Elections
Kaiti Lenhart was appointed Supervisor of Elections by the Governor of Florida on January 9, 2015. She was elected by majority vote during a Universal Primary Contest in August 2016.
Supervisor Lenhart has conducted or assisted with conducting a total of twenty-five (25) Federal, state, local and municipal elections in Flagler County. This experience has allowed her to become a hands-on Supervisor, leading the Elections Team in all aspects of the operations necessary to enhance public confidence in the elections experience while providing the voters of Flagler County cost-effective and accurate elections.
Supervisor Lenhart is a Florida Certified Elections Professional. She has received a Level II FCEP certification in the Florida Certified Elections Professional program, a nationally-awarded continuing education program for Elections Officials.
As Supervisor of Elections, Kaiti Lenhart performs her duties with a working knowledge of the Florida Election Code (Chapters 97-106, Florida Statutes) in all areas of Elections Administration. She has been the Candidate Qualifying Officer in Flagler County since 2010, providing guidance and assistance to each candidate seeking a county office in Flagler County. She has worked with all four municipal clerks in Flagler County to administer Municipal Elections and has developed and provided candidate qualifying handbooks, training workshops, materials and support for the candidate qualifying process. During her time with the Elections Office, she has developed a solid working relationship with the Florida Division of Elections, other county Elections Offices and many local government agencies in Flagler County.
She is a very active member of the Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections (FSASE) and is currently serving on three committees within the organization to improve the voting experience for citizens across the State of Florida.
As Supervisor of Elections, Kaiti Lenhart has:
- Successfully conducted five (5) county-wide elections in Flagler County.
- Applied for and received two Federal HAVA grants and one Federal HHS grant to supplement the current budget. Federal elections grant funding has not been received in Flagler County since 2010.
- Lead negotiations with the Department of State with two other Supervisors of Elections to secure Federal grant funding for the purchase of new voting equipment in 13 counties in the state of Florida. Over $147,000 was secured for Flagler County to be used for the purchase of new tabulation equipment, meeting the state mandated deadline to upgrade by the year 2020.
- Returned over $50,000 from the inherited 2014-2015 fiscal year budget to the Board of County Commissioners in October 2015.
- Implemented the current Mission and Core Values for the Office of the Supervisor of Elections.
- Completely reorganized the Elections Office with a focus on budget reduction, a consistent filing system, low-cost updates to current technology and cross-training all full-time staff members.
- Worked with the Board of County Commissioners to adopt an ordinance to allow electronic filing for candidates and political committees in Flagler County, reducing paper waste and making financial reports more accessible online.
- Improved the relationship with the local media through the publication of Press Releases to help keep voters informed of local elections-related legislation, current news and upcoming elections.
- Introduced the Adopt-A-Precinct program in Flagler County, a partnership between non-profit organizations and the Elections Office. The program allows a voting precinct to be adopted by a non-profit organization who recruits poll workers to work at the polls on Election Day. These volunteers donate their wages to the organization. Read more: Flagler County Adopt A Precinct Program
- Demonstrated a commitment to building relationships between local government agencies by consolidating services and saving taxpayer dollars for the delivery of election equipment and poll worker training facilities.
- Implemented a Voter-Focused Education Program to raise awareness of the voting process and encouraging citizen participation by taking the Elections Office into the community through voter registration drives at local events.
- Developed a volunteer program for trained poll workers to serve in the Voter Education Program alongside Elections Staff as a tax-savings.
- Created social media outlets to engage voters through Facebook, Twitter and Google +. Like your Elections Office on Facebook! www.facebook.com/FlaglerElections
Kaiti Lenhart lives in Palm Coast with her husband of 11 years and has two beautiful children. As a family, they tend 1,200 sq. ft. of organic vegetable gardens and enjoy freshwater and in-shore saltwater fishing, camping and the outdoors.
- Member, Flagler County Rotary Club
- Member, Florida State Supervisor of Elections Association (FSASE)
- Civic Engagement Committee Member, FSASE
- Online Voter Registration Implementation Committee Member, FSASE
- Administrative Rules Committee Member, FSASE
- Florida Certified Elections Professional (FCEP) Level II
2015-2016 Ethics Training