Kaiti Lenhart, Supervisor of Elections
Need a guest speaker for your school, organization or event? Voter outreach is a priority. Kaiti Lenhart is available to speak to your organization regarding the election process and the importance of voting. Topics may vary and can be customized to meet the needs of your event. Contact the Elections Office for more information.
It's an honor to serve you, the voters of Flagler County!
"This is your Elections Office. My duty is to enhance public confidence in the electoral process by providing accurate, fair and honest elections. It is truly an honor to serve you, the voters of Flagler County. Please do not hesitate to call or stop by to ask a question. Your Elections Team is working for you. Freedom rings with every vote! Register and vote in every election."
- Kaiti Lenhart
About Your Supervisor of Elections
Kaiti Lenhart is a Florida native, born and raised in Ormond Beach, Florida. She has been administering elections since 2009 with the Flagler County Elections Office. She was appointed Supervisor of Elections by the Governor of Florida on January 9, 2015, and elected by majority vote during a Universal Primary Contest in August 2016.
As Supervisor of Elections, Kaiti Lenhart performs her duties with a working knowledge of the Florida Election Code (Chapters 97-106, Florida Statutes) in all areas of Elections Administration. She is a Florida Certified Elections Professional and has conducted or assisted with conducting a total of thirty (30) Federal, state, local and municipal elections in Flagler County.
She is a very active member of the Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections (FSASE) and is currently serving on two committees within the organization to improve the voting experience for citizens across the State of Florida.
Prior to her service in local government, Kaiti began her career as a graphic designer and web developer nearly 20 years ago. She owned her own business as a freelance designer for over seven years, providing web development and graphic design services to non-profits and small businesses.
As Supervisor of Elections, Kaiti Lenhart has:
- Applied for and received several Federal HAVA grants and one Federal HHS grant to supplement the current budget. Federal elections grant funding has not been received in Flagler County since 2010.
- Lead negotiations with the Department of State with two other Supervisors of Elections to secure Federal grant funding for the purchase of new voting equipment in 13 counties in the state of Florida. Over $147,000 was secured for Flagler County to be used for the purchase of new tabulation equipment, meeting our state mandated deadline to upgrade the voting system by the year 2020.
- Returned over $50,000 from the inherited 2014-2015 fiscal year budget to the Board of County Commissioners in October 2015.
- Implemented the current Mission and Core Values for the Office of the Supervisor of Elections.
- Completely reorganized the Elections Office with a focus on budget reduction, a consistent filing system, low-cost updates to current technology and cross-training all full-time staff members.
- Worked with the Board of County Commissioners to adopt an ordinance to allow electronic filing for candidates and political committees in Flagler County, reducing paper waste and making financial reports more accessible online.
- Began digitizing and archiving historical permanent records within the office in 2016, moving towards an cost-friendly and more secure paperless office environment.
- Improved the relationship with the local media through the publication of Press Releases to help keep voters informed of local elections-related legislation, current news and upcoming elections.
- Introduced the Adopt-A-Precinct program in Flagler County, a partnership between non-profit organizations and the Elections Office. The program allows a voting precinct to be adopted by a non-profit organization who recruits poll workers to work at the polls on Election Day. These volunteers donate their wages to the organization. Read more: Flagler County Adopt A Precinct Program
- Demonstrated a commitment to building relationships between local government agencies by consolidating services and saving taxpayer dollars for the delivery of election equipment and poll worker training facilities.
- Implemented a Voter-Focused Education Program to raise awareness of the voting process and encouraging citizen participation by taking the Elections Office into the community through voter registration drives at local events and regularly speaking to civic organizations.
- Developed a volunteer program for trained poll workers to serve in the Voter Education Program alongside Elections Staff as a tax-savings.
- Created social media outlets to engage voters through Facebook, Twitter and Google +. Like your Elections Office on Facebook! www.facebook.com/FlaglerElections
Kaiti Lenhart lives in Palm Coast with her husband of 11 years and has two beautiful children. As a family, they tend 1,200 sq. ft. of organic vegetable gardens and enjoy freshwater and in-shore saltwater fishing, camping and the outdoors.
- Board Member, Flagler County Rotary Club
- Member, Florida State Supervisor of Elections Association (FSASE)
- Civic Engagement Committee Member, FSASE
- FCEP Committee Member, FSASE
- Florida Institute of Government at FSU: Master Florida Certified Elections Professional (MFCEP)
A nationally awarded continuing education and certification program for Florida Elections Officials.
Ethics Training: 2015-2017 Ethics Training